Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Confession #38: Watching the presidential debate is a challenge




Yes, I said it. I swear I am not an ignorant woman who isn't the least bit intrigued by political ideas. Trust me, debates get my wheels turning. I think the problem is that my wheel turns a little too much. I get so riled up and angry, that pretty much no one wants to be around me.

My stress levels have already been pretty high this week so when I turned on the debate, my blood pressure almost went through the roof. So, I decided that it wasn't worth spending my very small amount of relaxation time stressing out over the debate.

I know that the debate helps some people decide who they are going to vote for and I strongly believe that everyone who votes should research both candidates so that they make an informed decision come November. I get so mad when I hear people say things like, "well I am voting [insert party here] because that is what all of my friends are doing". NO. Vote based on your own research and don't let other people influence you. Personally, I don't need to watch the debate to form an opinion because I have spent a lot of time looking into both candidate's platforms. If anything, the presidential debate just makes me hate the other candidate even more.

So, that is my rant for today. I wish I could sit back and enjoy a good, political debate. But, clearly I am too emotional and opinionated.

No comments:

Post a Comment