Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Confession #35: October is my favorite month of the year!

If you follow my blog, you already know about my obsession with fall so it should come as no surprise  to you that October is my favorite month. But just to clarify as to why no autumn month competes with October, I have decided to share with you my top 5 reasons why October is the bomb.

1. Halloween. 

When else do you get to have a bowl of candy lying around your house without feeling guilty? Every Halloween I get a glass of wine, a bowl of candy, and a big fluffy blanket, and I sit and wait for trick-or-treaters. Mind you, I have mostly lived in apartment complexes so my doorbell doesn't get rung very often....but darnit, if I have to eat all of that left over candy then I will make that sacrifice!

2. The changing of the leaves. 
There isn't much in the world as beautiful as mountains lined with trees colored red, yellow, and orange. I get a little too excited when I see the first leaves starting to change. Whenever I have a yard of my own, I am going to rake up all of the leaves into a pile and then dive right into them. As for now, I will just have to wait until an unsuspecting neighbor rakes his pile of leaves. 
3. Scary movies.
Ok, so maybe not like...really scary movies. Because I am kind of a wuss. I was thinking more along the lines of Hocus Pocus and Casper. But for those of you that can handle scary movies without sleeping with the light on all night, movies like Dracula, Psycho, and Friday the 13th aren't bad choices.





4. Pumpkins.
Need I say more?? Here is a list of pumpkin things that I love: pumpkin patches, pumpkin carving, pumpkin candles, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin decorations...the list could go on for days. Pumpkins seriously need to be a year-round thing.




5. Campfires.
Sitting around a campfire with your friends and family is pretty awesome. Add marshmallows to the mix and you have a serious good time on your hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment